Treatment & Care at NCH
If you are planning to travel outside the U.S., our Northwest Community Healthcare Medical Group (NCHMG) Travel Immunization Program offers comprehensive travel immunization services and a wide range of vaccines. Travel visits will be done by appointment by C. David Bakken, M.D., at the 1538 North Arlington Heights location. Dr. Bakken is able to provide excellent quality of care for ages 13 and above. He is board certified in infectious disease as well as internal medicine, and has more than 40 years experience. We are a designated Yellow Fever Center. To schedule an appointment for a travel consult, please call 847-253-6464.
Your assessment starts by learning about your personal health history and travel plans prior to providing a list of vaccination recommendations.
- Immunization assessments are not billable to insurance. Our fees range from $75 to $150, depending on the complexity of the visit. We accept cash, checks or credit cards.
- The cost of vaccines is separate from the assessment fee.
- We will also submit an order to your pharmacy for any oral medication needed, such as for malaria prevention, self-treatment of diarrhea/cholera and/or the prevention of altitude sickness.
- Hepatitis A (series of 2)
- Hepatitis B (series of 3)
- Influenza (flu shots)
- Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR)
- Meningitis (Menactra®)
- Pneumovax (pneumococcal)
- Prevnar® (pneumovax 13)
- Rabies (series of 3)
- Tb skin test – PPD (tuberculosis)
- Tetanus and diphtheria (Td)
- Tetanus and diphtheria and pertussis (Tdap)
- Twinrix (Hep A and Hep B) (series of 3)
- Varicella (Varivax®) (series of 2)
- Yellow fever (NCHMG at 1538 N. Arlington Heights Road is a designated Yellow Fever Center)
- Shingles (Zostavax®)